It’s never fun to be so sore after a workout that you can barely walk, but luckily, by making your recovery a priority, you can control the pain much better.
The massage gun is a high-tech, strong recovery tool that fitness experts and casual gym users alike have been using for years. The handheld device, which is also known as a percussion massage gun, features a nozzle that pulsates to increase blood flow to the muscles, allowing tension and by-product waste in muscles such as lactic acid to be released, helping you recover faster. The instruments may appear complex and frightening at first, but learning how to use a massage gun is actually simpler than you would think.
When you massage with a massage gun, it helps to loosen up your muscles and relieve pain. Here are a few tips on how to use a massage gun effectively:
- Turn the gun On. A single-button operation is typical among guns. The majority of them require a long press to turn on the gadget. The machine will then start whirring. Make sure you have your selected massage head attached. Later on, we’ll get into massage heads in further detail. However, if you’re a novice, we recommend starting with the squishy ball head since it targets most areas of the body and is quite soothing when compared to the other attachments.
- Choose intensity: It is advisable that you start with the lowest speed and gradually increase the intensity. For a lighter massage, If you’re looking to relax and get your blood flowing, we recommend the first speed.
- place the gun on the muscle: If you’re using a large gun, you’ll immediately feel the punch on your skin because of the long amplitude. If you’re using a smaller gun, the immediate feeling might not be punchy, but it should feel intense enough.
- slowly massage round the muscle: Take your time with the massage and enjoy it. If you find an area of pain, spend a little extra time massaging that spot. Be gentle with any painful areas because pressing too hard may make the pain worse.
Types Of Massage Gun
There are many different types of massage guns available on the market. Some massage guns are designed for specific areas of the body, such as the back or neck. Other massage guns may be more general purpose and can be used on any part of the body.
How does a massage gun work?
A massage gun uses a motor to generate a rapid succession of pulses. These pulses massage the muscles and provide relief from pain. Massage guns are often used by physical therapists, chiropractors, and massage therapists to treat patients with muscle pain.
What Are The Benefits Of Using A Massage Gun?
There are many benefits to using a massage gun. Massage guns can help to:
- Relieve muscle pain
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Enhance blood circulation
- Improve range of motion
- Promote faster recovery from exercise
Use A Massage Gun Properly
Just like everything else, electronic devices need to be used properly. Many people make the mistake of assuming they know how to use a device without reading the instructions or paying attention to proper use.
Because manufacturers are aware of this, most massage guns come with an instructions manual that is easy to understand.
Here are some good reasons to use a massage gun properly:
- If used correctly, a massage gun can be just as good as seeing a massage therapist.
- Injuries can occur from massage guns if they’re not used with caution.
- To avoid damage to the gun, Massage guns must be used properly as they are not cheap little toys. Not long ago, you would have had to spend more than $400 on a quality massage gun. However, an influx of guns onto the market has driven prices down significantly. Even so, you’ll still need to spend at least $100 if you want a good one.
How to Use A Massage Gun For Muscle Recovery
There are four main ways you can use a massage gun for muscle recovery:
– Pre-workout: Use a massage gun before working out to warm up your muscles. This will help you avoid injuries and get the most out of your workout.
– Post-workout: Use a massage gun after working out to speed up muscle recovery. Massage guns can help reduce inflammation and improve blood flow to the muscles.
– Before bed: Use a massage gun before bed to relax your muscles and help you sleep better.
– Anytime: Use a massage gun anytime you need to relieve muscle pain or tension.
Areas that have fewer muscles, such as your wrists, should only have the massage gun lightly brushed over them. You shouldn’t press too hard against these areas for effective results.
Remember that different guns have different stall force, which is the amount of pressure required to make the gun fire. If you’re bigger and have more muscles, you’ll likely need a gun with a higher stall force.
In addition, we recommend beginning at a somewhat higher intensity. Because most weapons have progressive stall force and quickly stall at low speeds, this is the case. Try utilizing different massage heads to massage various body regions for you.
To prevent injuring yourself, it’s not advised to use a massage gun on bony regions. You can massage the joint areas if necessary but proceed with caution. It is recommended that you apply the percussion massager on a particular muscle for 1-2 minutes. For smaller muscles, aim for one minute. You may massage bigger muscles for 2 minutes total. More isn’t always better. Treat your body with respect!
Using a massage gun is a great way to relieve pain and tension in your muscles. By following these tips, you can ensure that you get the most out of your massage gun.
Massage gun therapy is uncomplicated and secure, making it easy to use at home or on the road to relax your muscles and alleviate discomfort. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars each month on regular massage treatments, you may get similar pain-relief results with a massage gun!
A massage gun, on the other hand, is not a silver bullet that can take the place of essential exercise. To effectively treat persistent pain, you’ll almost certainly need to employ a variety of strategies – such as healthy eating and regular stretching – in addition to massage gun treatment, though it is still really cool.